(Act2) Madison at the dinner

Go down

(Act2) Madison at the dinner

Post by Fliskets on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:58 am

Madison leaves the Library and returns to her van in the parking garage.
She seems a bit more cautious as she walks, looking at the world around her with new eyes.

She reaches her van and walks around it once to check if its been tampered with and twice to check under the carriage, looking for anything out of place.
When she is satisfied she unlocks the drivers door and climbs in.

Madison spends a few moments contemplating what she should do next...
She looks over to the passenger set and stairs at all the files she has there of possible Cypto sittings in the area. Some how all of these seem less important now.

She takes a deep breath and sighs as she taps her fingers on the steering wheel.
Maddy then pulls the photo from her bag and looks at it.
She smiles to herself as her eyes fall on her friend, and she refuses to belive that he is like the monsters that killed her family. She reaches up and grasps the rear view mirror and turns it towards her till she sees her own reflection.

Ok Maddy...what are you going to do?
She said talking to herself
this is big sh!t..and it could get me killed... but... its Roger..
She said as she continued and looks down at the photo. She debates weather or not she should try to call him. It wouldn't be too out of the ordinary... she did miss him greatly.
But she debated weather or not she could keep her cool and not let him know that she knew anything.
This might be a hard task, because Roger knew her almost better then she knew herself.

Madison sat there for a little while, she thought about Roger. She thought about how much he as helped her, how kind her was to her. How he didn't seem to judge her for the things she believed, and seemed amused by her. He even supported her when she wanted to make her passion for cryptozoology a career. In her eyes Roger was her most trusted friend, she trusted him with her life. And She loved him more then she would admit to herself. It was at that point she decided that she has to keep this a secret ... if she was going to presue this, she must tell no one.



Madison takes out one of her personal journals and starts to write down her thoughts.
When she was seeing Roger on the regular as her doctor he had suggested keeping a journal to help organized her thoughts, so she had gotten into the habit of keeping on around her.

Madison takes the next hour and writes down all she can remember of her visions and lost memories that came flooding back. She writes a very detailed report of her experience, her speculations and conclusions she has come up with to explain things. She makes mention of the book and photo, and leaves instructions for herself if she was to some how forget all these events again, she hopes this might job her memory or at least convince her that they were indeed real and she was suffering the results of brainwashing.



Afterwards she tucks the book, journal and photo away in a safe place and drives somewhere to grab some dinner as the sun was mostlikly setting and it was getting later in the early evening.

Fliskets
Admin

Posts : 374
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile http://fliskets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (Act2) Madison at the dinner

Post by Fliskets on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:58 am


Madison went to a dinner near by, that at least had a parking lot next to it. She was instrospective, overwhelmed by her thoughts but still noticed to big bikes, the Harley Davison kind of chopper, park next to the limit before the dinner entrance.

Once inside she got directly to see the menu, posted in three boards over the cashier head. While she decided between hamburgers and club house sandwiches the man in front of saluted with enough apathy to suck all the light from the room.
"Good evening. How can I help you?"

After receiving her order. Madison sat and made a second review on the book and photograph that Amadeus gave her. The photograph was by all means genuine, the colours, the rusty edges, everything fits to an authentic old picture from the 1800s. Then Wolf started passing pages scanning to book for any detail an small card dropped from the book.

It was a presentation card from some sort of spirits. Massimo Biondi Fortune teller and medium.

Fliskets
Admin

Posts : 374
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile http://fliskets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (Act2) Madison at the dinner

Post by Fliskets on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:59 am

Madison gave a short "eh?" noise as she looks over the card.
She thumbs the corner with her finger and thinks about it as she examines the small piece of card stalk.
She also checks the book to try to determine what page the card fell out of.
Clearly someone was using it as a place holder.
(If the book is new she would find it extremely odd)
(if the book is warn and looks used she wouldn't find it so much)

She thinks to herself ''how odd. Why would someone use a mystic's business card as a place holder for a book on psychology?... two things that are opposites... spiritual belief and logic."
She thinks as she pops a few fries in her mouth and wipes her hand, careful not to get any salt or grease on the book or photo.
"hummm... wonder if Amadeus put it here... though I didn't really take him for one who sought out answers in the un-logical opinions of others..''
She continues to think to herself and checks the card for a address or number.

She then shoves the book and photo back in her bag and eyes the room looking around at the patrons. She can't help but start to wonder about everyone around here, she wonders if anyone here can be more then they appear to be...
Her eyes fall back on the clirk and she watches him for a moment before standing and making her way to the diners payphone to call the number on the card.
(She wants to check if the place is still in business, where its located and what the hours of business are, as well as see if she set up a appointment to visit.)

Fliskets
Admin

Posts : 374
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile http://fliskets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (Act2) Madison at the dinner

Post by Fliskets on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:59 am

While taking her first bite on dinner Madison started to look around. This place was relatively small with 200 sq feet at the most, twenty sits in about eight tables spaciously distributed mostly in pairs. There were four customers and three employees, one cashier and other two serving the food.

About the four people visiting the dinner there were four groups, two singles just eating dinner in solitary tables apart from each other. Dressed as middle class workers just comming out of work. The other two, on the other hand were quite curious, one male and one female both gothic judging by her looks and dress as motorcycle riders, full leather head to toes. This pair was murmuring instead of talking at the back of the dinner, next to the telephone where Madison will head later on.

Madison stood up and started walking down the passway to the phone. Ten feet away the couple stopped talking as she came close. Funny thing none had even a bite from their meals. Other than that they seemed just meditating.


Fliskets
Admin

Posts : 374
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile http://fliskets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (Act2) Madison at the dinner

Post by Fliskets on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:00 am

Madison looked at them both as she stared to walk towards them, she didn't shun her gaze as most ''normal'' people do when they lay eyes on ''undesirable hoodlums''.
Instead she maintained a smile as she usually does and gives both of them a cheery nod of hello as she heads towards the phone. She does divert her gaze to from them and towards their untouched plates.
She absent-mindedly raises a eyebrow taking notice of their food getting cold and thinks to herself...
How odd... what Goths let their food go to waste or even let their coffee get cold... the food in this place isn't that bad. Yet both of them haven't touched anything.
She thought to herself as she looks at them again before reaching the phone and picks up the receiver.
She shuffles through her jean pocket for change and places the call.
Though she does keep her one ear open towards their direction and tries to keep both of them in her peripheral vision. She can't help but want to scrutinize every strange person she comes across.

Fliskets
Admin

Posts : 374
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile http://fliskets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (Act2) Madison at the dinner

Post by Fliskets on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:00 am

The phone starts to call and after a few tones someone picks up.
"Good evening." says a male voice with an undetermined accent.

"Yes. This is Maximus Spirituales' chamber. You're correct. What does your soul require?"

While Mad-Wolf Madison was talking in the phone. She cautiously evedrop on the goth right over her right shoulder. Waiting for any hint on their conversation.

Roll:
OOC: Please roll Perception + Alertness (dif 6)
One success

They were still whispering to each other so it was very difficult to hear anything at all but Madison managed to catch just one phrase from the guy. <We need a plan for the Rave.... or die.>

Fliskets
Admin

Posts : 374
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile http://fliskets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (Act2) Madison at the dinner

Post by Fliskets on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:01 am

"Yes. This is Maximus Spirituales' chamber. You're correct. What does your soul require?"
Madison tried not to chuckle at the way the person answered the phone...
What does my soul require?... answers ... what else.
She said with a smirk.
Um.. any who... might I enquire where you are located and your business hours?
I might want to come in for a reading. Do I need to make a appointment?

She said as she turns to try to eavesdrop on the bikers
A rave party?.. hee-hee don't look like the type... probably selling drugs to minors.. she thinks to herself as she continues to listen

Fliskets
Admin

Posts : 374
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile http://fliskets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (Act2) Madison at the dinner

Post by Fliskets on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:02 am

The voice at the phone said.
"Yes Ms. Wolf, We're expecting you very soon. Come tonight, the session is about to start The Magnificent Maximus awaits in The Catacomb of the Bronx - Shepherd's Tavern at Midnight Come prepared for your destiny. "

Chills going down her spine. Horrifying sensation oppressing her heart. Cold hands, cold feet, cold sweat starts to run down her chin.

The call finish.

Fliskets
Admin

Posts : 374
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile http://fliskets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (Act2) Madison at the dinner

Post by Fliskets on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:02 am

Wait... what?... how?
Madison stammered out, but the call had already ended.
She just kinda stood there with the phone in her hand for a good long moment.
Da fuk was that all about.... excepting me?
She said in a low tone of disbelief, this kinda bothered her even more then she let on.
And she couldn't help but feel more then a little freaked out.


Her mind replayed the man's words in her head and she checked her watch for the time.
Yes Ms. Wolf, We're expecting you very soon. Come tonight, the session is about to start The Magnificent Maximus awaits in The Catacomb of the Bronx - Shepherd's Tavern at Midnight Come prepared for your destiny. "
The Magnificent Maximus??... in the Catacombs? ... My destiny...??? seriously what the fu¢k ..
She said perplexed and looked around realizing she was talking to herself


then a thought hit her like a brick and she laugh...
Hee-hee of course... I get it... they recognized my voice from the radio!
They must be fans.
Probably think if they can impress me I'll give them a bump on my show.
Get all the other wack jobs to stir up business for them.

She said in a soft but chuckling tone
This thought was the most sensible to her, nothing more then a gimmick.
True she would love to believe that Psychics were real, but in a city like this they were a dime a dozen.
And the ones she had interviewed for her show were nothing short of con-artists with over inflated egos.

All right... whatever ... I'll bite... ain't like I got nothing better to do. But if someone sacrifices a cat... I'm out. Heehee
She said absent-mindedly talking to herself again as she hangs up the receiver in her hand, then checking the coin return for her change.
She then pops another coin in the slot and calls to check her voice mail for any possible leads for .
(Merit: Spy Network)
She takes out one of her notebooks from her bag and starts to jot down the info...

As she makes the 2ed call she still keeps half her attention on the biker couple. She has this sinking feeling that they are up to no good and probably going to break the law. And she lets her eyes wonder to their table every now and again, its still super strange to her that they haven't touched their food.
If the catch her looking at them she doesn't divert her eyes like normal folks would if they get caught staring at someone absent-mindedly. Instead she gives them a smirk and a little head buck, as if to say ..''hay whatz up" as she continues with her business . She also tries to stay very aware of her surrounding.

Fliskets
Admin

Posts : 374
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile http://fliskets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (Act2) Madison at the dinner

Post by Fliskets on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:02 am

Madison called this time to Ernest Diggle a dear fan who would called almost everynight. Each time "Ernie" as she called him had a very interesting and revealing information. The first may be ten or twenty calls he gave a false phone number but one night Wolf decided to talk to him out of air and asking personally for his number. In case she had the need to talk to someone as intelligent as him.

This Ernie is shy and really introverted to a pathological level, his true name has never being revelead on air, just pseudonims he makes up to express what he wants to share. Still he is sweet in his own way looking for recognition from someone he respects.

"Hello? Who is this? How did you get this number?" he shouted.

Fliskets
Admin

Posts : 374
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile http://fliskets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (Act2) Madison at the dinner

Post by Fliskets on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:03 am

Ernie Relax, gezz you are more high strung then I am...
Its me Maddy. The Mad Wolf of the Radio.
Don't worry I'm calling from a random payphone...
I'll make this quick. I need some information about the Catacombs of the Bronx and The Magnificent Maximus... ever here of it?
Anything you got off hand will be of help, prefer that I get this info sooner then later...
Looks like I might be heading there for a upcoming story.
.
As she talks she continues to watch her surrounding and gets her journal and pen ready to jot down any info. She also pays particular interest to the biker Goths who are not eating their meal.

Fliskets
Admin

Posts : 374
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile http://fliskets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (Act2) Madison at the dinner

Post by Fliskets on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:03 am

Enrie said.
"Madi? h-h-hi. How are you?

You mean you need my help?! Of course... of course! Catacombs..."


Then silence in the line while in the back she heard noises of stuff moving and things being knockdown. After a few minutes of just waiting and looking dismulately at the goth couple a few feets away. She managed to hear another phrase.
"I'm telling you those fucking wolves are bad... we need to shout it in the Rave." said the woman to her peer. Who looked mistrustful.

Then Ernest back at the phone shouted.
"Madison I'm surprised you don't know about the Catacomb network underneath New York City. It covers all Manhattan Island and was contructed around the 1800s by the Catholic Church to hide their activities and bury their loved ones.

The most known is the Marble Cementery on the East side of Manhattan, there is no map of such tunnel grid but I'm sure they connected to the Lawnwood Cementery in The Bronx."

Fliskets
Admin

Posts : 374
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile http://fliskets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (Act2) Madison at the dinner

Post by Fliskets on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:04 am

Madison during the long moment of silence starts to scribble in her notebook...


These fu¢kers are strange.. might need to report these guys to the police... I should pick up there license plates on my way out... and ask the clirk about how long the have been here and if he has seen them before... maybe get a name. Yeah they seem really up to no good.
She thinks to herself and waits for Ernie to get back on the line.


"Madison I'm surprised you don't know about the Catacomb network underneath New York City.
Yes well I don't really make a habit of running around the underbelly of New York, you know the swerves have allegations in them.... along with rats... eww.

The most known is the Marble Cementery on the East side of Manhattan, there is no map of such tunnel grid but I'm sure they connected to the Lawnwood Cementery in The Bronx."
Marble Cementery on the East side of Manhattan, fu¢k me really?? A Fu¢k'n cemetery...
I swore to freaking christ ... so typical.
Look Ernie I got some strange tip to meet some mystics or whatever there... the Shepherd's Tavern at Midnight ...


Deleted text (Ernest drops the telephone...:

to meet my destiny or some crap. Honestly it sounds shady as sh!t..
And I'm half way thinking I should just blow this off... I really don't like the idea of running around under the damn city in some cryptic maze alone.
I might want to call in my crew tonight... I mean the whole thing sounds like a publicity stunt to get some air time.
. "[/color]
She said with a bit of a scoff
Do me a Fav Ernie , if I go missing alert the authorities and tell them my last known location.
Have them investigate The Maximus Spirituales' chamber. Its some kind of spiritualist new age medium shop. You know anything about it? I figure its just like the rest' of'em.

She gives Ernie the number off the card...
[color=#ffccff]I'm going to try to get ahold of my crew on short notice... thank for your help...

Fliskets
Admin

Posts : 374
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile http://fliskets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (Act2) Madison at the dinner

Post by Fliskets on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:04 am

As soon as Madison mentioned the Shepherd's Tavern Ernest droped the telephone and what Wolf heard was the hit against the wooden ground. Then a far Ernie's voice cursing his clumsiness and rapid pick up to continue the conversation.

What Madison didn't know about Ernie was his half Italian origin, at early age his father was brought to America and Ernie's grandfather needed a favor, usually money from italian friends. The point of reunion of the Italian maf even before than Al Capone even thought about borning to this world.

Ernest explain to Madison this in his own style.
"WHAT DA FUCK ARE YOU DOING WITH THE ITALIAN MAFIA?! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?! OF COURSE YOU'RE GONNA DISSAPAIR! WITH CONCRETE SHOES UNDER THE NARROW BRIDGE!" he screamed.

As he hanged the phone Madison reached to hear a far.
"Crazy bitch...!" meant to be heard just by him like thinking out loud. Not as an insult to her.

Fliskets
Admin

Posts : 374
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile http://fliskets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (Act2) Madison at the dinner

Post by Fliskets on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:04 am

Madison held the phone away from her as Eerie started screaming. She became annoyed that he called her crazy, even though she knew she was not ment to hear it.
I'm not crazy ...Ernie is truly more paranoid then I am....
She muttered and picked up the phone again ready to call her crew to see if they can come to her aid in this matter under such short notice.
Then she shakes her head and puts down the phone.
pifff... whatever...
Madison said very annoyed.
She shoves her notebook back into her bag and taps her chin in though.
I'm losing focus again... too much odd sh!t going around... I need a Fu*kn drink.
She said as she gathers her stuff and heads to the check out counter to pay her bill.
She walks past the two bikers without even giving then a 2nd glance.
At the counter she order a large coffee to go and softly asks the clerk if he knew anything about those two in the back of the diner, telling him that he should be careful cuz they look like trouble and might have a problem with the food here because they haven't touched it.

After which she will make her leave, walking out to her van and trying to see if she can memorize the licenplates of the bikes long enough to write them down in the safety of her van.
She then is going to find a bar to get a drink in as she mulls over what to before the deadline of midnight rolls around

Fliskets
Admin

Posts : 374
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile http://fliskets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (Act2) Madison at the dinner

Post by Fliskets on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:05 am

Madison pass by the goths and the woman stared at her, an ackward moment since she had a very intense gaze and in general the couple was very intimidating. Then Wolf walked to the cashier and ask. The clerk responded.
"Those?" pointing just with his eyes but in a obvious way. strangely his eyes were moving right from the end of the store to Madison's back. An eerie sensation ran wild through her back.

She turned expecting these wierdos to be upon her. About to attack, they should have noticed her interest, may be they were suspicious or even worst they were also expecting her. Madison turned her head to see behind her...

The couple was leaving the place by the door just in front of the cashier and about to ride.

Fliskets
Admin

Posts : 374
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile http://fliskets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (Act2) Madison at the dinner

Post by Fliskets on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:05 am

Madison tries to shake off the feelings, this day has been getting weirder and weirder , and she fears that her own paranoia might be letting her imagination getting away from her.

She orders her coffee and goes to the concession stand to doctor it up as she watches the bikers leave. She knows that its really none of her business what those two might be up to.
Most likely very illegal activities like selling drugs to teen ravers and getting wolves to fight in a dog fighting ring. These things can be excused in the base of reality,..
I mean its not like they are Supernatural beings from another dimension... ..... or... could they be?
She thinks, and her curiosity starts to get the better of her.
She sips at her coffee and waits for the two to drive off before going to inspect where the two had been sitting before the clirk clears their trays.

Fliskets
Admin

Posts : 374
Join date : 2018-06-29

View user profile http://fliskets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: (Act2) Madison at the dinner

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum